Atlas Elementary School Families,
Today we are faced with another incredibly difficult decision. With several of our elementary students already in eLearning and many of our students and teachers in active quarantines, we cannot continue to operate schools with sufficient teaching staff and therefore will be closing the elementary school starting Wednesday, November 18th and will remain in remote learning through the remainder of the semester, December 18th.
We know in-person learning is the best means of education for our youngest learners, that is what makes this decision so difficult. We also understand the challenges learning at home creates for family scheduling and supervision. However, we remain hopeful that together our community can pull together and take the small actions – mask-wearing, social distancing, hand washing, decreased socialization, postponed travel, etc. – that will slow COVID-19 transmission and allow us to shift back to in-person learning.
Please continue to follow us here for more information on technology distribution as we transition into e-learning for all elementary students.
Thank you for your patience, flexibility, and grace as we navigate this increasingly challenging situation.
Be safe and be well.
Niki Amidei, Atlas Elementary Principal
IMPORTANT LINKS/ ENLACES IMPORTANTES
Click here to download Flyer Connect and follow us on Facebook for updates – Educational resources will be made available on Flyer Connect and Social media including assignments students can access during the school closure.
The latest from El Paso County Public Health
- CDPHE – Coronavirus in Colorado
- CDPHE – 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Factsheet
- CDPHE – How Sick is Too Sick
- CDPHE – Guidance for School Nurses and Childcare
Colorado Springs Resources/Recursos en Colorado Springs:
Internet Access/ Acceso al Internet:
- Comcast Internet Essentials: First two months free, then $9.95 per month after that for qualifying households. Apply online or call 1-855-846-8376 during normal business hours.
- Xfinity WiFI hot spots
- AT&T WiFi hot spots
- Sprint Cell Phone Carrier: Sprint is providing Unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans and giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable devices (effective 3/18).
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile Connect – part of the New T-Mobile’s 5G for Good initiative – is launching ahead of schedule for $15 per month, half the price of the company’s lowest smartphone plan. And Metro by T-Mobile is adding new, lower-cost options. Current customers also get unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming). Starting March 20, 2020, providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data an additional 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot (10GB per bill cycle for the next 60 days) for each voice line. (T-Mobile Connect excluded).